Tuesday, June 10, 2008

DEE-LISH

Today Wyatt made me lunch. I want Wyatt to make me lunch everyday. This is possibly the best sandwich I have ever eaten. Note to Wyatt: Please pursue culinary school. You're an amazing chef. Thanks. Love, Mom



Baguette Sub
1 French Baguette, cut in half lengthwise

4 oz cream cheese, softened

3 tbsp. pesto

1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped

1/2 cup drained artichoke hearts, chopped

2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

2 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped (can substitute 1 cup thawed frozen spinach squeezed dry)

1 cup chopped pepperoni


Cut baguette in half and remove soft inside if desired.
Mix cream cheese and pesto; spread onto insides of bread. Mix together remaining ingredients and spread on bottom half of baguette. Put on top of bread and wrap in foil. Can refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve cold or put into 350 degree oven for 25 minutes and serve hot. (We ate ours hot.)

P.S. Wyatt got this recipe from his Grandmother ML. She taught him to make the sandwich on her last visit to our home in Utah. Note to Mom: Please keep teaching my children delicious recipes like this! Thanks. Love, Jen

1 comment:

Jim & Mary Lou said...

Glad you liked it. Can also add 4 wedges of laughing cow herb cheese as I did. I actually served this sub when Wyatt came to Michigan to go to Canada fishing with his granddad.